Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Smell A Rat

So the mail comes today and low and behold there is AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE! The handymans club of America has sent my wife a rather large envelope stating she can get and keep free tools to test for them for only $1 a month. BUT wait there is more you can get their great magazine too and become a lifetime member! Now I wasn't born yesterday (it would be nice to be a few years younger though) but nothing in this lifetime is free. So I went searching the Internet to see who these clowns were. Everything I read about the place spelled SCAM although for a moment I thought how nice a new circular saw or some cool tool would be but then reality my wife smacked me. My guess is they send you some Dollar store item judging from what I read on the one scam page. As for me I only buy brand name tools since I use them on a daily basis with my job and yes it can get expensive but necessary to keep my job. So if anyone gets one of these packets in the mail BEWARE and read up before you do anything.
oh and how do they know she is handy? and shouldn't it be HANDYPERSON? They even gave me a pretty self addressed envelope so I thought I may send them something in return since they took the time to send me something and all.

1 comment:

a49erfangirl said...

Those things are such a joke. I hate when they send them. Sure it's a dollar now but they sure charge you a bunch later that is if you DON"t return the materials. I know it's something along those lines. I got suckered a while ago.