Friday, October 24, 2008

Holiday Health Hazards

Posted on/at 7:34 PM by Sparky





As the Holiday season approaches don't forget about our furry friends. sometimes we overlook things that could harm our pets.


Tinsel, Ribbon and other Pretty Things

Ribbons, wrapping paper, ornaments, tinsel, extension cords and gifts may be appealing "chew toys" that may make your pet sick.

Decorative Lights

Decorative lights are another attraction for pets to chew on. Both indoor and outdoor lights should be carefully examined to ensure safety for your household pets. Electrical shock may occur from defective cords as well as from pets chewing on cords. Check cords for any signs of bite marks, loose or frayed wires.
It may be difficult to curb your pet's fascination with all those pretty decorations. Child gates can be used across doorways to keep your pet away from the Christmas tree and decorations at times they cannot be watched.

0 comments: