Monday, March 30, 2009

Electrical License


This is a good example of why all electricians should have an electrical License, anyone who has ever been in a building that has been restored after a fire will notice this isn't the first time this house has caught fire since the white paint is all over everything in the house.They spray it to kill the smell I am told.

I hate to see a fire because it means a family has been displaced and probably lost everything they owned. I didn't hear anything specific as to an exact location of where this fire started but this was in the worst area of the fire. The on the "FLY" splice is a BIG no no but it doesn't appear to be what started this otherwise it would have melted away.






















1 comment:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

My house was wired in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. A lot of it is just spliced wires, connected together with electrical tape. I discovered this last year when I gutted my living room. I was TERRIFIED. I disconnected almost all of the old wiring. Half my house still has no electric, because I cannot afford to wire it right now... but I agree that some people should never go near a renovation with a 10 foot pole.

If electrical inspectors had done their jobs, I suppose a lot of this would never have passed? Of course, the homeowner has to notify the inspector of the change... but in my case, my house was owned by a Methodist organization for several decades. Totally inexcusable.