Monday, March 30, 2009

Electrical License

Posted on/at 4:43 PM by Sparky

This is a good example of why all electricians should have an electrical License, anyone who has ever been in a building that has been restored after a fire will notice this isn't the first time this house has caught fire since the white paint is all over everything in the house.They spray it to kill the smell I am told.

I hate to see a fire because it means a family has been displaced and probably lost everything they owned. I didn't hear anything specific as to an exact location of where this fire started but this was in the worst area of the fire. The on the "FLY" splice is a BIG no no but it doesn't appear to be what started this otherwise it would have melted away.


Mrs Mecomber said...

My house was wired in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. A lot of it is just spliced wires, connected together with electrical tape. I discovered this last year when I gutted my living room. I was TERRIFIED. I disconnected almost all of the old wiring. Half my house still has no electric, because I cannot afford to wire it right now... but I agree that some people should never go near a renovation with a 10 foot pole.

If electrical inspectors had done their jobs, I suppose a lot of this would never have passed? Of course, the homeowner has to notify the inspector of the change... but in my case, my house was owned by a Methodist organization for several decades. Totally inexcusable.